Monday, May 17, 2010

The Bitch

Let me tell you about this bitch of a GPS....she took us in circles tried to tell us that Disney World was in a rundown section of town which was a big empty field. Ok getting ahead of myself.
Bonnie brought her home GPS to help us get around Orlando. Great ideal except neither of us played with it before hand, so do we know how to use it..of course not. Nor did the gentleman at the parking grage where we got our car. Ever persistant Bon doesn't give up and finally we have a setting but no voice..so off we go and over all we do very well, until as you read above, Disney World isn't where it took us. Never to be outdone Bon goes into a store and askes directions and off we go again. Ok we are finally where we need to go and we won't have to use her again until Sat.
Off we go on Sat and by now Bon has programed the voice and she takes us straight to Boggy Creek, however on the way back she again tries to take us to the empty field. We are smarted than she is now...well almost and it only takes us a couple of hours to get back to the room. So is it the Bitch or the operators? She was funny as hell when I would go one way and she wanted the other she would advise me that she had to recalucate. We contributed to getting lost because we decided to shop on the way home instead of follow the direct route.
On Sunday we give it to Eric and Laura and we follow them...onto an incorrect highway and once again we are backtracking. Needless to say we made it to Cocoa Beach ( I didn't get too far from Erics bumper).
Bitch time again for us to find our way back to the airport and once again she lead us in circles. To give her credit she was giving us street names when there wasn't any signs and I missed a couple of turn offs that common sense should have told me to take. Even though the Bitch tried to sabatoge the trip we never stayed lost long and oh hell we can get lost even on foot and with no help from our friend the Bitch.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I will now, forever, call my GPS "The Bitch". Thank you for a story I will have to explain to everyone I visit in the future. I can't wait.

Once "a bitch" took Laurel and I out into the middle of nowhere and said we were at our destination (which happened to be about three miles down the road).

Also, when Graham Lair picked me up in DCA his "bitch" guided us home down access roads instead of the freeway and it took over 2.5 hours.

You just can't trust those bitches.
:)