Monday, May 17, 2010

Boggy Creek




Sat. no parks for us today we are going out and yes I am driving. Time for me and the Bitch to interact again.
Boggy Creek is where we are going to ride the Airboat and hunt for alligators. It is on a lake (can't remember the name) which is at the beginning of the everglades (s0 says the operator). On the way out we see some beautiful territory, the trees are green and big and hung with moss, the birds are plentiful and I am very happy. If I had been alone I would have stopped and shot may pictures of birds as it was I only stopped once to get some magnificent shots of Sandcranes.
So we are here and have to wait for the next boat so we hang out and wait. I take a couple pictures of Turkey Vultures and Common Brown Greckles and turtles.
So it is our turn and the boatman tells us "the water is only about knee deep and if you fall out and the gator doesn't get you, you'll be fine." Off we go out thru the backwater with all its plants and birds and YES gators. For about half an hour we just drive around and enjoy the wildlife including a bald eagle, a racoon, multiply types of Herons and Ibris, and the gators.
When we are getting ready to leave we spy a fishing tournament and I walk over and ask permission to watch, even took a picture of a bass that weighed in at 8lbs 15 ozs.
So we are off back to town and a bit of shopping.
It was a great day which ended by Laura and Eric joining us for the next to days.

No comments: