Sunday, May 30, 2010

Yesterday

Yesterday was bitter sweet...

18 years ago , come Oct., I watch my grandson be born...yesterday I watch as he graduated from high School. He plans on going to college this fall, however as I watch him receive his diploma, I think about all the time we have spent together and the time we have missed. I wonder what out Lord has in store for him and how he will deal with them. I wonder how he will do out in this big bad world.

I have another grandson who turned 19 in May. I have been forbidden by his parents to have anything to do with him and his brother. Yesterday he was there and I cried when he reached out to hug me. Yes he did some bad things, but he was very young. My heart begs to know this boy, to know who he is. I miss him and his brother so very much...and his mom...I love her and miss her very very much. I missed their graduation...will not be there for their weddings...first child...and so many more things that I would love to share with them.

I know I will never have the option to know them as adults so I take joy in yesterdays touch and I think GOD for that small moment. I pray for more small moments and that God will bless me with one for Cory.

I pray that they know that I love them and no matter what I will always love them.
God forgives us anything so why can't we as humans forgive and just allow love to transform all.

No comments: