Sunday, May 30, 2010

more on my vacation


I went home in May to see my mom, sisters, and their families. I was to have gone to Europe but God intervened and so I went home. I have to tell you that I was afraid to go home....home as I remember it isn't there anymore. My mom is in a nursing home and she doesn't speak and we don't know that she understands what, where, or who any more.
Ellen and I go early on Sat morning and when we arrive she is sitting in a chair with her back to us. I walk around and lean in and say "hi mommie", she kinda jerks, turns ,looks at Ellen and then she grabs me and we hug and she doesn't want to let go. We talk and she stares at me and hangs on me the entire time. Of course I was hanging on to her as well. Ellen asks her if she wants to show me her room and up she get and we take off down the hall. At the first room she stops and looks in and continues doing the same at each room. When we come to her room she does the same and I say "mommie are you sure this isn't your room?" She turns to me and says" nooooo" just as plain as day. It was an anguished sounding no and very drawn out....but she spoke!
So in between visits with mom I stayed with Ellen and the family came to visit. I got to see my neices and nephews and their families. We did a lot of talking and laughing and yes crying. I am so glad that this is the path I choose rather than going to Europe which will always be there...MOM won't be.
Mothers day we took mom to a program and she would place her hands togehter like she wanted to clap and she hugged CD and then I had to say goodby. Just thinking about it makes me cry so I won't go into details but I came away with these thoughts.

I needed to go home and my God knew that so he made a volcanio go off so I would go to Iowa instead of Germany.
I know that mom knew who I was and that she was very glad to see me. I here as well.
I Loved seeing my sisters and their families....I have missed so very much with them
I am sooo ready to go back just have to find the time to make it happen.

Thank you, GOD, for sending a volcanio to wake me up to what was important. Now you may let it go back to sleep and let Europe begin to recover.

No comments: