Monday, July 13, 2009

Is it too late to teach an "ole dog" new tricks???

So here I am a hillbilly from Missouri who never learned proper English and guess what I am trying to do.

I am taking a class to learn to speak Italian. Yes that is what I said. So far I have learned the Alphabete...they only have 21 letters...vocalis....double consonants and much more. Problem is my brain and tongue don't work together. I am working on the days of the week, numbers, and colors. It has taken me 50 plus years to learn English so guess that means I have another 50 plus to get Italian down. Note to self I is spoken as e
Did you know that Casa means house and cassa means cash register//sete means thirsty and sette means seven. It is a sure bet that I will mess up somewhere and it probably won't take long.
Come ti chiami? Mi chiamo maria theresa.
Arriverderci for now....A presto

1 comment:

Patty said...

Ciao Mia Bello Maria Louisa,

If we stick together we can do anything. Multo benne! Al presto.

Ching-ching,
Patricia