Monday, November 24, 2008

Retreat


Several of us went on a retreat in Sep. of this year, to Buhl Idaho where we stayed in yurts and bunked next door to Alligators. My very special friend, Bonnie, put it together and our instructor, Peggy, flew in from California. We spent three wonderful days communing with nature, singing, dancing, swimming, walking, playing games and laughing. We spent hours meditating and just getting in touch with who we are. She had us meditating before, durning, and after we ate. We played musical chairs, duck duck goose, did yoga, and sang songs while whirling in circles. Our instructor is a practicing Buddhist and I was very impressed with what a wonderful person she was. She taught us to be true to God and that we must always remember to take time for ourselves if we are to be healthy and happy. She taught us methods of relaxation that will make a true difference in our lives. This was a first fo me and I was amazed at how much fun it was. When I left I was filled with a peace that has never truly left me.

No comments: