Friday, February 27, 2009

What a morning


I just spent the most amazing morning in the foothills of Boise. A friend and I went to breakfast and than on a long walk where I was introduced to bird watching. Yep that is what I said watching the birds in the trees and the sky instead of my feet. The sun was breaking over the hills and the air was alive with the sounds of music. It sounded like the sweetest concert ever played. Birds were flitting and chirping and going about their merry way. I was introduced to Morning Doves, Robins, A great Horned Owl, Hawks, Pigeons, and 7 other species of birds, whose names I will have to learn. It was amazing to watch and to feel the passion my friend has for these tiny creatures. I am inspired and will need to purchase a set of binoculars and a better camera. I will NEVER take a walk again without looking around me and listening to the sounds.

No comments: